Thursday, January 19, 2012

Theme Thursday

Theme Thursday
Rules:
* A theme will be posted each Thursday
* Select a conversation/snippet/sentence from your current book
* Mention the author and the title
* It is important that the theme is conveyed in the sentence (you don’t necessarily need to have the word) 

So this weeks theme is: COME

The except I have selected is taken from the book Uncle Tom's Cabin By Harriet Beecher Stowe.


"She wondered within herself at the strength that seemed to be come  upon her; for she felt the weight of her boy as if it had been a feather" (p.58)

6 comments:

  1. I haven't read this book since I was a child, but loved it; I recently ordered it from Amazon and will be rereading it sometimes this year.

    Great snippet!

    Here's MY THURSDAY MEMES POST and here’s
    MY WEBSITE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't we all amaze ourselves by the strength within us sometimes. Wonder why the author used the word 'It' shouldn't the sentence be 'as if he had been a feather' instead of it. Hmm, now I am more curious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to go back and check I had copied it correctly after I read your comment! lol :) I read it through a couple of times now....although the 'boy' is responsible for the 'weight' being carried, perhaps Stowe is referring to the weight as an 'it' and not the boy specifically?? not sure though, I guess it could be written either way. Using 'he' would have conveyed her love for her boy much more though, do you think?

      Delete
  3. I have this book waiting for me to read. I can't wait, I've been wanting to read it for a long time.
    Here's Mine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read this one. Great snippet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is in my TBR list. Great snippet.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I'd love to hear from you! :)