Friday, January 20, 2012

The Friday 56

The Friday 56 is hosted by Freda over at Freda's Voice. The rules are simple:

*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56.
*Find any sentence that grabs you. (I cheat sometimes and put a little more than a sentence!)
*Post it.
*Add your post URL to the Link.



This week The Friday 56 is taken from The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot which is absolutely amazing so far!

"The normal cells which make up our bodies are tiny objects, five thousand of which would fit on the head of a pin," he said, his voice a bit too loud and stilted. "How the normal cells become cancerous is still a mystery."

12 comments:

  1. Fascinating stuff, this sounds like one I would enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been noticing this one around...I'm very curious, now!

    Here's MY FRIDAY MEMES POST and here’s
    MY WEBSITE

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard about this one. Sounds interesting.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Sounds like a book I'd really enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heey love your Friday 56!!! Really interesting!! Thanks for stopping by, hope you have a great weekend!
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for visiting. Wanted to ask, what grade do you teach? Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to meet you too! This year I have students in grades 4,5,6 and 7!! I work at a school for students who have a disability that caters for children and young adults aged 4-18 years. I have the best job in the world!! Literacy is one of my educational passions and I LOVE using picture books as teaching tools. :)

      Delete
  7. five thousand cells! who woud've thought! looks like an interesting read!

    http://guiltlessreading.blogspot.com/2012/01/friday-56-and-warren-buffett.html

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I'd love to hear from you! :)