Thursday, January 12, 2012

Theme Thursday - KNOW

Rules:
* A theme will be posted each Thursday
* Select a conversation/snippet/sentence from your current book
* Mention the author and the title
* It is important that the theme is conveyed in the sentence (you don’t necessarily need to have the word) 

So this weeks theme is: KNOW

The except I have selected is about 'knowing yourself' and is taken from the book by Gretchen Rubin titled:
The Happiness Project: Or Why I Spent a Year Trying to Sing in the Morning, Clean my Closets, Fight Right, Read Aristotle, and Generally Have More Fun.


"So once again, one of my resolutions led me right back to my First Commandment: 'Be Gretchen.' I had  to know and pursue what was truly fun for me. That was the road that led to happiness. But what else, besides the children's literature reading group, could I do for fun? I was stumped. Was I so cheerless and dull that I couldn't think of a single other thing?"(p.120)

3 comments:

  1. That's a good one! It's important to figure out what you really like and what is fun for you.

    Here's my Theme (I'm running late this week): http://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/2012/01/theme-thursday-know.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one is a little bit funny. Poor girl~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, I know that feeling sometimes! I just saw that book elsewhere else online, hmm, can't remember where...fun quote:)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I'd love to hear from you! :)