Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Oliver Twist By Charles Dickens

Set in early nineteenth century England, Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens is the tale of a poor orphans struggle to free himself from the clutch of criminals in London’s dark underworld. I particularly enjoyed Dickens’ witty and satiric comments on the society of the time. The characters were vividly portrayed and starkly contrasted; from the evil Fagin right through to angelic Oliver. Fagin’s downfall and Dickens description of the hours before his demise had me glued to each page…..I could not put the book down and I loved the way the novel ended….everything just came together beautifully. This was my first Dickens novel and it will definitely not be my last!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I'd love to hear from you! :)