Saturday, January 7, 2012

My First Post

Okay....well this is my first post ever! This blog is going to be my book spot where everything 'books' is going to go. I am forever reading everyone else's blogs and thinking to myself 'I wish I could do that!'...well now I am going to. Plus, I have started up (with the help of friends) our own little book club which I will keep updated here too. We are called "The Making-Time Booklovers Club" because we all want and need to 'make time' to read and enjoy books. I love reading so much - I always have, and now I am dedicated to making time for it in my life. 
To tell you the specific genre I love the most is impossible because I pretty much read and enjoy anything and everything, BUT I am partial to classics, historical fiction and what the shops seem to call 'literary fiction' - which I am still unsure about the exact meaning of given that you find all sorts of stuff in this section - nevertheless, I buy a lot from the shelves labelled 'Literary Fiction'.

Just so you have an idea of my literary tastes here are some quick facts;
  • Currently Reading - The Language of Flowers By Vanessa Diffenbaugh
  • Just Finished - Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close By Jonathan Safran Foer and Raising My Voice By Malalai Joya
  • Favourite Classics - Wuthering Heights By Emily Bronte and Mansfield Park By Jane Austen
  • Favourite book(s!) of 2011 - The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society By Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows PLUS The Elegance of the Hedgehog by Muriel Barbery
  • Favourite book so far for 2012 - Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close By Jonathan Safran Foer
  • The only book I have ever put down because I could not possibly force myself to continue reading -  Julie and Julia By Julie Powell (I don't know why as so many others loved it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I'd love to hear from you! :)