Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Teaser Tuesday - Dance of Shadows By Yelena Black

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share 2 “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

This weeks Teaser Tuesday is a special one for me because my dearest friend, Scott Gardiner, composed the beautiful music that you will hear in the trailer below. I hope you love it as much as I do! Plus, as you all know, I do love beautiful cover art! I am really excited to start this book today so my teaser comes from the kindle edition at 3% p.12:


" And as the rain trickled down the windowpanes, Vanessa performed, letting all of the grief pour out of her until she could feel nothing but the raw thumping of her heart."


Here is the synopsis from GoodReads if you are interested:

Dancing with someone is an act of trust. Elegant and intimate; you're close enough to kiss, close enough to feel your partner's heartbeat. But for Vanessa, dance is deadly – and she must be very careful who she trusts . . .
Vanessa Adler attends an elite ballet school – the same one her older sister, Margaret, attended before she disappeared. Vanessa feels she can never live up to her sister's shining reputation. But Vanessa, with her glorious red hair and fair skin, has a kind of power when she dances – she loses herself in the music, breathes different air, and the world around her turns to flames . . . 
Soon she attracts the attention of three men: gorgeous Zep, mysterious Justin, and the great, enigmatic choreographer Josef Zhalkovsky. When Josef asks Vanessa to dance the lead in the Firebird, she has little idea of the danger that lies ahead – and the burning forces about to be unleashed.

18 comments:

  1. Excited to be leaving a comment ;)

    Great soundtrack, one of the nicest more classy book trailers around right now and gorgeous cover art - enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An emotional teaser! Sounds like a good read. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cover of that book, and had originally had it on my must read list. I took it off for a few reasons, but I look forward to hearing what you think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic music for the book trailer - fits it perfectly! The blurb for this book is great! I'm going to have to add this to my list too

    Here's my TT

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are so many mixed feelings about this book I am not even sure if I should read it or not, but hopefully you'll like it.
    although that Teaser does convince me to at least give the book a second look :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cover, sounds good.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/04/teaser-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard of this book but I am not sure what to think of it, there are so many mixed reviews. That teaser however makes me want to grab it right now and read it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. sound good and that cover wooow that song is good to.
    check out mine http://nabooksvsboys.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/teaser-tuesday-3.html

    new follower via gfc (follow back please)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Intriguing teaser -and the cover is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great teaser! I've seen quite a bit of buzz about this one. Thanks for stopping by my TT post!

    Tressa @ Tressa's Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing the video too. Hope you are enjoying it. :)

    I have a teaser up this week that's a Sci-fi one. :)
    http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/2013/04/teaser-tuesday-157.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful teaser! Here is my teaser from THE COLLECTOR by Victoria Scott.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a really beautiful passage. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice teaser! I've been seeing this book around a lot and wanna read it too. I love the cover! It's gorgeous!

    New follower here! :D

    Thanks for sharing and thanks for stopping by my TT earlier.

    Have a great week ahead and happy reading! :D

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great Tease - Thanks for stopping by SunnyReads!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I enjpyed the music - your friend is talented! I like how the feeling of the music seems to pick up in urgency, similar to what the synopsis hints.

    Thanks for visiting!
    Stephanie (Go Flash Go) @ Read, Rinse, Repeat

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I'd love to hear from you! :)